Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rained Out

August 21, 2010
[at home]

Our training day out at the plantation was cut way too short by the rain - what can be more depressing? We were off to a good start, Tessa this time on the check cord, and much easier to control than last time. But halfway through our birds the drizzle turned into a steady rain that just would not let off. And then, my friend's dog Shane disappeared. There is something very disheartening about searching for an old dog in the pouring rain and in grass that is hip-high. Big relief when he finally showed up again, happy as a clam!

By then I was completely drenched and water was collecting inside my rain boots, and with no change of clothes on hand I decided to call it a day even though it was only 9 a.m. I drove home with the heater on in my car - indeed I was that chilled. By the time I reached Monroe the rain was so heavy that everyone was going 30 mph. At that point my passenger side windshield wiper came off. Pulled over to fix it, and wouldn't you know it, 5 miles later the driver's side wiper comes off! Huh?

Since my camera is not waterproof there are not photos for today's training day. This was taken at home, all cleaned up and snoozing away after that one hour of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment