Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome To Metter!

April 18, 2011
Metter, GA

And that was about the extent of it. We had planned to spend the night in either Douglas or Alma but got there too early in the day so we drove on in the hopes of finding a dog-friendly motel somewhere else. We struck out in Baxley and Vidalia so Metter was our next best bet - it actually has quite a few motels. Turns out, some of them were dog-friendly but not too people-friendly or out of my comfort zone. I was quizzed pretty hard by one owner who conducted a 10-minute interview about my dog, shooting stern warning glances my way the entire time, when I only inquired about the rate. So I kept on driving. In retrospect, it all happened for a reason...

But the Welcome Center was wonderful and provided for a nice break at the goose pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment