Sunday, June 17, 2012

Highlights

June 16, 2012
Jersey, GA

I suspect that the highlight of the NAVHDA training day, for Tessa, is always the water. 

The highlight for me today, aside from watching my happy dog, came in form of big white fluffy clouds. Oh, how I love those summer clouds! Today, they were the perfect touch to an already perfect weather day - cool morning, warming up, but hot oppressively so, to a breezy afternoon.


Looking down from the dock. Contemplating whether or not she should jump. As you may recall, she has her Junior Dock Dogs title, but for some reason she stopped jumping during the last event of 2011. We have pulled back this year, but I always give her the chance to jump at the plantation. Granted, this dock is very high - 8 feet or so - but that doesn't seem to bother her. She jumped.

What was most impressive was that at some point, instead of exiting the water and returning to the dock via solid ground, she climbed up on the dock from the shore. I would not have allowed it, thinking it surely is impossible without getting hurt, but it happened so fast that I had no time to react, and then I was awestruck. Not only was that an athletic feat, she also knew exactly where in the construction to put her little feet and in what sequence. Amazing!

Bringing home the goods via the water route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment