Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Dock Jumpers

September 26, 2009
Jersey, GA

Gun dogs ARE fun dogs! Although they like to look all business in the field.

After another successful and very long training day the pups relax at the wayback pond. John started it all when he wouldn't let Smoke off the dock to get the duck, leaving it to him to either jump from the dock or forget about the duck. He jumped.

While Tessa is an enthusiastic swimmer, she has never jumped from a dock. This one was about 5 feet high, and I wasn't going to start her here, it seemed a little too high for a first-timer. I turned and walked towards the car to grab my camera when I heard a splash and by golly it was my Tessa who had just leaped into the water all on her own! Unfortunately I missed her first dock jump. I was ready for the second one though:


Dock jumping is now on our list of things to do. I believe there are some clubs with the proper setup in the Atlanta area.

No comments:

Post a Comment