Sunday, April 12, 2009

iSwim

April 4, 2009
Jersey, GA

When the NA testing was over and attention shifted to the more extensive UT test, I took Tessa back to the pond for a much deserved swim.

During her water phase test, I really did a good job underpresenting her water abilities. I tried not to throw the dummy past point where the water deepened sufficiently for the dogs to have to swim, even though that point was very close to the shore. As you can see, she swims way out to bring back the dummy, but I didn't want to push our luck during the testing, especially after seeing her track going worse than I expected. So all the dummies landed too close to the shore and I had to repeat my "girlie" throws until Tessa finally was able to swim to them. I imagine she was quite annoyed with my pathetic throwing skills. Fortunately, the judges saw that water was more of a problem for me than for my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment