Friday, March 6, 2009

Snow! [Day 1]

March 1, 2009
Athens, GA

We were running errands today when around 1 pm the rain switched to sleet and then to snow. It was a wet and heavy snow, and it kept on coming for 7 hours, ultimately accumulating to 6.5" - quite a bit for Athens, GA. The last time it snowed this much was during the "Blizzard of '93" on March 13, 1993. The wintry weather had been announced, however, I didn't dare to hope for it and was caught off guard quite a bit.

My camera is not waterproof so at first I stopped at a muffler repair shop and used its awning as cover to take some photos. Tessa didn't quite know what to make of the cold fluffy stuff covering the ground.

I still thought we could make it to Southeast Clarke Park across town where I could let her run, but just one mile further down the road I realized that I wouldn't make it anywhere. Cars were crawling along as the snow started to cover the roads. We stopped downtown and walked to North Campus where Tessa finally realized that this is great fun as long as you keep running around in it.

March 1, 2009 2:36 p.m.
Hancock Avenue
Athens, GA

North Campus Parking Deck
Athens, GA

No comments:

Post a Comment