Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life With A GSP [2]

January 17, 2009
[getting comfy]

Like any dog, Tessa loves the bed, but there are rules. At first, I intended to play it as I did with my previous dog: not allowed in the bed, but on the bed, upon invitation only. Well, we had a few very cold nights and I don't leave the heat on so to help us both out, I allowed her in the bed and she is quite the cuddle bug so we got into this controversial habit. Some people say it may make hunting dogs more dependable on their human in the field; others say it can create dominance issues; still others find it objectionable in general; most people I know are more than happy to share their beds with their canine friends. I am still undecided. Either way, I will always make sure she understands that the bed is upon special permission only.

"Tessa, off!"

No comments:

Post a Comment